Friday, February 24, 2012

My Dorm Room

    When entering my dorm room, one would find two very different personalities present. My roommate and I have different decorating styles and organization techniques. My desk area contains bright colored storage boxes, several pictures of my friends and family, and is clean, for the most part. The desk of my roommate is cluttered with her school textbooks and assignments. She has one picture of herself and a friend mounted above. Looking at the lofted beds, it is usually fairly easy to distinguish whose is whose. While my bedspread is vibrant and decorative, it is also covered with homemade blankets and several pillows to sleep with. My roommate's bed is pretty plain, with white sheets and a green comforter covering them. One thing that would throw someone off while entering our room at the end of February is the Christmas tree that is still sitting on our windowsill. It is my roommate's Christmas tree, which she has not had the chance to take home yet. While I am a huge fan of Christmas, this is something that bothers me. Another thing that bothers me about my room is my roommate's guitar, that sits by our refrigerator, which has never been opened or played. I am a fairly neat person and prefer my room to tidy, but I have learned to compromise when living with someone else.
    I believe our different decorations explain our personalities well. While I enjoy colorful, vibrant accessories, she sticks to safe, classic colors. It is hard to consider my dorm room "home" because less than half of it expresses who I am as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment